ABM was created over 30 years ago when Cape Breton businessman, Joseph P. Shannon, purchased a small IT company in Dartmouth, NS. What started as a field services company reselling 3rd party Point of Sale (POS) systems, cash registers, field service repair and help desk support in the early 70’s, has grown to a multimillion dollar service provider delivering innovative solutions across multiple sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance, Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Today we proudly have points of presence and clients across North America providing solutions and offering services from Business & IT Consulting, Cloud Services, Field Operations, Lifecycle Management, Managed Services and Service Desk support.
As a member of our Service Desk Team, reporting to the National Support Supervisor, with minimal supervision in a self-directed environment, the Bilingual Service Desk Application Specialist will provide user- friendly professional end-user Tier I and Tier II technical application support by efficiently and effectively diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving customer issues. Additional areas of required support would include, but not limited to, desktop, hardware & peripherals, networking and Citrix.
Education / Experience
- University Degree or Diploma in an IT related discipline or equivalent combination of formal training preferred
- Relevant experience supporting customers in a technical service/help desk environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and French to interact with customers, to read and write reports as required.
- Exceptional customer service focus
- Ability to supoprt a variety a variety of technologies and systems
- Independently resolve problems and proactively communicate solutions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with team members and end-users
- Ability to multi-task and succeede in a fast paced technical environment
- Must be able to gather, analyze, diagnose and communicate information clearly and effectively
- Deliver Technical service and support to end users using incident management software
- Interact with end-users to gather information to categorize their request and through evaluating and analyzing, quickly determine a course of action and /or bring to resolution
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues adhering to established processes and procedures
- Acurately maintain end-user documentation and incident tickets
- Provide regular communication and follow up to customers and end-users
- Ownership of incident within defined SLA's
- Identify, escalate, or redirect incidents and service requests as per established procedures and guidelines
- Work as a contributing member in a fast paced team environment that would include other technical support teams and vendors, both local and remote
Exceptional Knowledge relating to:
- Application Support
- Windows OS
- Network environments and concepts such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory
- Citrix and Remote Delivery of Applications
- Computer/ Software installation, maintenance, configuration and troubleshooting
- Telephony systems and wireless devices
- Internet browser trouble shooting
- General software knowledge (MS Office)
- IT Standards, Methodologies and sudit requirements (CMM, ITIL)
If you are an independent, customer oriented individual, who enjoys working independently and as a team, are willing to work a rotating schedule with some on call responsibility, but above all, want to be part of an innovative, home grown company with opportunity, we’d like to hear from you.
- Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia