Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide on time and accurate reporting to internal and external stakeholders on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis – financial statements, cash flow forecasts, bank compliance requirements, and tax related items completed by associated deadlines.
- Lead the annual operating and capital budgeting processes.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to the Accounting, Payroll and Accounts Payable functions, developing an engaged and motivated team.
- Champion the use of systems and technology to improve efficiency, timeliness and accuracy of routine accounting to allow for more time on value added activities.
- Provide sound business advice to Operations, becoming a trusted and valued Business Advisor.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are well defined with clear accountabilities and defined goals and objectives and provide timely and constructive feedback to ensure continual development of resources.
- Create development plans to ensure the teams’ technical knowledge remains current.
- Working with functional business leads, focus on continuous improvement in cost efficiency of back office functions and corporate overheads.
- Lead the annual audit and tax return preparation processes with the external audit team, ensuring all filing/reporting deadlines with internal and external stakeholders are met.
- Ensure all major processes are documented, monitored and updated regularly to ensure continuous improvement in accuracy and efficiency of delivery of financial results.
- Evaluate and monitor internal controls and development/implementation of enhancements to ensure an appropriate system of internal control is maintained throughout the organization.
- Work with the business unit leaders, provide regular forecasts of operating results and capital spend.
- Track and report on key performance indicators and produce an assortment of financial reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Manage corporate cash flows, including weekly, monthly and long-range cash projections for review by senior management and submission to internal stakeholders and lenders as required.
- Monitor credit agreements with lenders, including preparation of periodic and projected compliance with covenants.
- Highly motivated, with proven success in a deadline driven environment.
- Significant experience in the preparation of financial statements and notes in a multi legal entity/ consolidated reporting environment.
- Solid track record in the redesign of processes to achieve greater efficiency/effectiveness while maintaining appropriate internal controls.
- Experience in the preparation of annual budgets and monthly/quarterly forecasts.
- Successful at leveraging resources across functions and at all levels in an organization to achieve an organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA/CMA/CGA)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a progressive management role.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia