Management, Travel Required
ABM was created over 30 years ago when Cape Breton businessman, Joseph P. Shannon, purchased a small IT company in Dartmouth, NS. What started as a field services company reselling 3rd party Point of Sale (POS) systems, cash registers, field service repair and help desk support in the early 70’s, has grown to a multimillion dollar service provider delivering innovative solutions across multiple sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance, Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Today we proudly have points of presence and clients across North America providing solutions and offering services from Business & IT Consulting, Cloud Services, Field Operations, Lifecycle Management, Managed Services and Service Desk support.
The function of the Dispatch Manager is to manage the day-to-day operations of approximately 20 Dispatcher and Team Leads including, but not limited to: Resource allocation, Training, Performance Management, Fiscal Responsibility and Customer Service.
Key Duties / Reponsibilities
- Hiring, promotion and performance management of Dispatchers & Team Leads.
- Dispatch group is responsible to manage approximately 200 new calls per day and distributing to 80 field techs and 100+ contractors
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and initiatives for dispatch and field service.
- Analyzing administrative duties performed by dispatch and ensure that it either fits or should be moved to Corporate Services Admin Team
- Implementing strategy and day-to-day operation of service
- Strategic initiatives to further improve Key Performance Indicators and business goals
- Adhere to and contribute to the implementation and creation of SLAs
- Lead staff in delivering high quality solutions and support. This includes performance management and evaluations, team building activities and personnel issue management.
- Supervise and provide leadership to build and maintain a strong team through effective communications, hiring, training, coaching, counseling, appraising, rewarding, developing, and succession planning. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Continually assess the service level and provide recommendations to senior management regarding opportunities to improve operational performance
- Monitor and manage Key Performance Indicators and cost factors impacting operational effectiveness
- Effectively communicate with the customer on a regular basis regarding core service issues impacting the customer and the effectiveness and efficiency of the service technicians.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment where team members and their contributions are recognized and valued. Maintain frequent communication with all team members including quarterly trips to North Bay to meet with remote staff.
- Embrace, promote and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Ensure the customer’s concerns are being addressed throughout the escalation progress by listening intently and providing regular updates back to the customer.
- Practice pro-active escalation management to identify problems before a customer escalation occurs. This would include such activities as monitoring and managing the different queues in Alert to ensure no delays in the resolving of incidents, as well as reviewing the technician schedule to ensure adequate resources are available to meet immediate and near-term service requirements
- Manage the ‘Aged Ticket Process’ to avoid or correct problems with service level commitments not being met
- Post-secondary degree or equilavent is an asset
- 5+ years of related work experience in a customer service role
- Proficienct with MSOffice 2010 applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe and Outlook
- Exceptional communication skills, including proficiency in written and spoken English
- Experience in the Technology Industry
- Superb leadership and interpersonal skills with a wide variety of clients and professionals
- Positive Attitude
- Problem solving skills, strong analytical skills, excellent computer skills, attention to detail and effective time manangement
- Energetic, self-motivated and results oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively within a busy operational work environment
- Available to work flexible hours if required
- Able to work as On Call if required
If you want to be part of an innovative, home grown company with opportunity, we’d like to hear from you.
- Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia