ABM was created over 30 years ago when Cape Breton businessman, Joseph P. Shannon, purchased a small IT company in Dartmouth, NS. What started as a field services company reselling 3rd party Point of Sale (POS) systems, cash registers, field service repair and help desk support in the early 70’s, has grown to a multimillion dollar service provider delivering innovative solutions across multiple sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance, Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Today we proudly have points of presence and clients across North America providing solutions and offering services from Business & IT Consulting, Cloud Services, Field Operations, Lifecycle Management, Managed Services and Service Desk support.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Dispatch technicians using Call Management Software
- Manage call queues for technicians while on shift
- Prioritize calls by severity
- Respond to customer escalations
- Process service requests as they arrive through email, manual entry or direct customer input
- Communication with customers as requested : Keeping customers informed of incident progress, notifying of impending changes
- Escalate service requests that cannot be scheduled within agreed service levels
- Improve customer service, perception and satisfaction
- Act as the single point of contact to the customer for all types of service requests
- Strictly adhere to the Dispatch Center procedures/policies of the company.
- Meet, and strive to exceed, established goals and objectives of the company in a manner that does not discourage cooperation with or among the other Dispatcher's in the company.
- Complete all reports efficiently and timely.
- Always remember that THE CUSTOMER IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY and that the Dispatcher is here to fully support that priority with the finest quality of service.
- Maintain well-groomed, professional appearance appropriate for the position and the normal situations in which the Dispatcher may be involved.
- Attends, and contributes to, staff meetings as scheduled.
- Cooperates fully with other employees in conducting business in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensures the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all records and paperwork.
- Undertaking in such other duties and task as may be assigned by the Manager.
- High School Diploma
- Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent experience is an asset
- 2+ years related work experience in a customer service role
- Proficiency with MS Office 2010 applications, including Excel, Word, Power Point, Adobe and Outlook
- Experience in the Technology Industry
- Strong Knowledge of Canadian geography
- Exceptional communication skills, including proficiency in written and spoken English
- Superb interpersonal skills with a wide variety of clients and professionals
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, excellent computer skills, strong attention to detail and effective time management
- Works well independently and as a team
- Positive attitude
- Energetic, self-motivated and results oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively within a busy operational work environment
- Available to work flexible hours if required
- Able to work as On Call if required
If you want to be part of an innovative, home grown company with opportunity, we’d like to hear from you.
- Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia