Field Operations, Travel Required
ABM was created over 30 years ago when Cape Breton businessman, Joseph P. Shannon, purchased a small IT company in Dartmouth, NS. What started as a field services company reselling 3rd party Point of Sale (POS) systems, cash registers, field service repair and help desk support in the early 70’s, has grown to a multimillion dollar service provider delivering innovative solutions across multiple sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance, Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Today we proudly have points of presence and clients across North America providing solutions and offering services from Business & IT Consulting, Cloud Services, Field Operations, Lifecycle Management, Managed Services and Service Desk support.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and rapidly growing environment. As part of the Field Services team and reporting to the Service Manager, the Field Service Technician is responsible to ensure our clients receive a superior level of support, will work mainly unsupervised and will be required to travel on a daily basis in order to meet the commitment for completing calls in his/her designated service area.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Installation, configuration, maintaining, upgrading, repairing and replacing components on computers and equipment including laptops, workstations, and peripheral printers, front-end POS systems, first and second line maintenance on ATM's.
- Assist in site preparation staging and testing of equipment
- Perform troubleshooting and analyze test results to isolate, diagnose and repair computer hardware and software
- Must be willing to work shifts as well as a rotating on-call schedule
- Must be knowledgeable of current information and computer and communications technology able to comprehend technical material and interpret data from various sources.
- Basic Networking skills
- Electronic and computer Hardware/Software or equivalent background preferred
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, in English, to interact with customers, employees, and management, to read and write reports as required.
- Must hold a valid Driver's license and clean Driving Record
- Must be able to work shifts ( days, evenings, weekends, holidays) and rotating on call schedule
- Preference will be given to candidates with COMPTIA certifications ( i.e. A+, N+ other certifications considered an asset)
If you are an independent, customer oriented individual, who enjoys working with geographically dispersed customers, and want to be part of an innovative, home grown company with opportunity, we’d like to hear from you.
- Location: Atlantic Canada locations