Qualifications and Requirements
- Installation, configuration, maintaining, upgrading, repairing and replacing components on computers and equipment including laptops, workstations, and peripheral printers, front-end POS systems, first and second line maintenance on ATM's.
- Assist in site preparation staging and testing of equipment
- Perform troubleshooting and analyze test results to isolate, diagnose and repair computer hardware and software
- Must be willing to work shifts as well as a rotating on-call schedule
- Must be knowledgeable of current information and computer and communications technology able to comprehend technical material and interpret data from various sources.
- Basic Networking skills
- Electronic and computer Hardware/Software or equivalent background preferred
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, in English, to interact with customers, employees, and management, to read and write reports as required.
- Must hold a valid Driver's license and clean Driving Record
- Must be able to work shifts ( days, evenings, weekends, holidays) and rotating on call schedule
- Preference will be given to candidates with COMPTIA certifications ( i.e. A+, N+ other certifications considered an asset)
If you are an independent, customer oriented individual, who enjoys working with geographically dispersed customers, and want to be part of an innovative, home grown company with opportunity, we’d like to hear from you.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Location: Moncton, NB