Service Desk, Travel Required
ABM was created over 30 years ago when Cape Breton businessman, Joseph P. Shannon, purchased a small IT company in Dartmouth, NS. What started as a field services company reselling 3rd party Point of Sale (POS) systems, cash registers, field service repair and help desk support in the early 70’s, has grown to a multimillion dollar service provider delivering innovative solutions across multiple sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance, Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Today we proudly have points of presence and clients across North America providing solutions and offering services from Business & IT Consulting, Cloud Services, Field Operations, Lifecycle Management, Managed Services and Service Desk support.
As a member of our Service Desk Team, reporting to the Service Desk Manager, The Level 2 Service Desk Analyst role is responsible for providing operational systems support for internal and external customer environments. The Level 2 Service Desk Analyst will provide user-friendly professional end-user Tier 2 desktop, software, and technical support by efficiently and effectively diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving customer issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. There may be a requirement to participate in after hours on-call support.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Deliver technical service and support to end users using incident management software.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues adhering to established processes and procedures.
- Accurately maintain end-user documentation and incident tickets.
- Provide regular communication and follow up to customer’s and end users.
- Ownership of Incident within defined SLA’s.
- Identify, escalate, or redirect incidents and service request as per established procedures and guidelines.
- Work as a contributing member in a fast paced team environment that would include other technical support teams and vendors, both local and remote.
- Operational support involves both break-fix responsibilities as well as proactive maintenance of systems.
- Assist other levels of support as well as customers when incidents occur.
- Other duties as required
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, or management information systems, and 3 years related work experience.
- Completion of relevant industry certifications is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing and supporting Windows based server and PC operating systems.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Experience with troubleshooting & resolving complex technical problems, writes reports and creates documentation processes and procedures is required.
- Experience with open source platforms such as Linux and an advanced understanding of IT networking standards are considered strong assets in this role.
Skills / Qualifications
- Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Highly developed effective teamwork skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software quickly.
- Occasional Travel required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Overtime as required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and other components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals.
If you are an independent, customer oriented individual, who enjoys working independently and as a team, are willing to work a rotating schedule with some on call responsibility, but above all, want to be part of an innovative, home grown company with opportunity, we’d like to hear from you.
- Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia