Service Delivery, Travel Required
ABM was created over 30 years ago when Cape Breton businessman, Joseph P. Shannon, purchased a small IT company in Dartmouth, NS. What started as a field services company reselling 3rd party Point of Sale (POS) systems, cash registers, field service repair and help desk support in the early 70’s, has grown to a multimillion dollar service provider delivering innovative solutions across multiple sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance, Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Today we proudly have points of presence and clients across North America providing solutions and offering services from Business & IT Consulting, Cloud Services, Field Operations, Lifecycle Management, Managed Services and Service Desk support.
The PM's has a responsibility of planning, executing and delivering development projects, to achieve these important goals, the PM will define project requirements and scope, acquire project resources, interface appropriately with various technical and business levels, and supervise the efforts of project team members.
Efficient delivery of project and change management deliverables, effective quality control, the clear communication of expectations to stakeholders, and upward reporting to senior management are critical tasks that must be performed throughout each project’s lifecycle.
Reports to the Director of Professional Services
Key Duties / Reponsibilities
- Provide leadership, training, guidance and feedback for project teams in performance of their activities related to project management / software development lifecycle processes
- Develop project schedules, resource plans and cost estimates including tracking with Microsoft Project
- Assess project risks including the determination and execution of risk mitigation strategies while managing issues arising during the project
- Coordinate team activities between various Business and Information Technology resources, between all project members and other project dependencies
- Establish, implement, and follow a formal change management program; assess the impact, effectiveness and feasibility of proposed changes (review options and proposals, often developed by others); make decisions and/or authoritative recommendations regarding feasibility and implementation of changes.
- Manage, monitor, and report project progress including schedule, functionality, quality, and cost (comparisons to budgets and forecasts) while reporting Project Status weekly to the stakeholders and executive team
- Support the Sales process with the delivery of proposals; determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs
- Participate in the development and administration of vendor contracts
- Assure project deliverables are of high quality
- Solve and/or facilitate solutions to technical, functional, process, and business problems
- And other duties as required
- Ability to produce project documentation – project charters, work breakdown structure, risk logs, change management etc.
- Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, proposals and presentations.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with ability to build relationships with technical, business and senior management stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of requirements management, change management, business process analysis and stakeholder management
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management principles and methodologies
- Intuitive grasp of organizational structure in order to manage cross-departmental and cross-disciplinary resource allocation
- Experienced in negotiating with vendors, developing and delivering project presentations / reports, and identifying and evaluating alternatives
- Persuasive and motivating, with a strong focus on managing consultants
- Post-secondary degree or equilavent is an asset
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Management, Business or Information Technology) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of direct work experience in Project Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation would be an asset
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project, SharePoint, Office 365 and other Project Management tools
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Result Focus
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Providing Consultation
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Staff Management
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Development and Continual Learning
If you want to be part of an innovative, home grown company with opportunity, we’d like to hear from you.
- Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia