Sales, Travel Required
ABM was created over 30 years ago when Cape Breton businessman, Joseph P. Shannon, purchased a small IT company in Dartmouth, NS. What started as a field services company reselling 3rd party Point of Sale (POS) systems, cash registers, field service repair and help desk support in the early 70’s, has grown to a multimillion dollar service provider delivering innovative solutions across multiple sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance, Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Today we proudly have points of presence and clients across North America providing solutions and offering services from Business & IT Consulting, Cloud Services, Field Operations, Lifecycle Management, Managed Services and Service Desk support.
As a member of our sales team , you will be responsible for building relationships with new and existing clients, completing customer quotes and orders, purchasing products from suppliers to fulfill orders and negotiate pricing with the goal of increasing margins for ABM by leveraging any applicable special pricing rebates and promotions. You will complete deal registrations with our manufacturing suppliers, leveraging relationships with manufacturer's for product knowledge, market positioning, design solutions etc, also order processing, logistics, administration and vendor reporting functions. You will work with System Engineers to review Bills of Material and make recommendations for quoting purposes.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma
- Post-Secondary Degree or equilavent is considered an asset
- Proven sales success
- Sales experience in the IT Industry
- Knowledge of current Technology products and vendors
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing and the ability to work under deadlines are key attributes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains is considered an asset
- Experience in customer service
- Exceptional communication skills, including proficiency in written and spoken English, bilingual in English and French will be considered an asset
- Able to work both independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
If you have a positive attitude, are energetic, self-motivated and a customer oriented individual, who enjoys working in a sucessful sales team environment but above all, want to be part of an innovative, home grown company with opportunity, we’d like to hear from you.
- Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia