ABM was created over 30 years ago when Cape Breton businessman, Joseph P. Shannon, purchased a small IT company in Dartmouth, NS. What started as a field services company reselling 3rd party Point of Sale (POS) systems, cash registers, field service repair and help desk support in the early 70’s, has grown to a multimillion dollar service provider delivering innovative solutions across multiple sectors including Retail, Healthcare, Logistics and Transportation, Insurance, Legal, Natural Resources, Public Sector, Communications, Financial Services and Energy. Today we proudly have points of presence and clients across North America providing solutions and offering services from Business & IT Consulting, Cloud Services, Field Operations, Lifecycle Management, Managed Services and Service Desk support.
Key Duties And Reponsibilities
- Perform hands-on management and support of highly available Microsoft based network environments including Active Directory, SQL Server, and Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues adhering to established processes and procedures
- Accurately maintain end-user documentation and incident tickets
- Provide regular communication and follow up to customer's and end users
- Ownership of Incidents within defined SLA's
- Operational systems support including break-fix responsibilities as well as proactive maintenance activities
- Provide escalation assistance to other levels of support and customers
- Lead planning, design, development, and launch of information systems in support of core organizational functions
- Other duties as required
Education And Experience
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, or management information systems, and 5+ years related work experience.
- Completion of relevant industry certifications is considered an asset.
- At least 5 years of direct experience in a systems support/administrator role supporting highly available environments.
- Extensive experience with virtualization platforms (VMWare, Hypervisor, etc.)
- Experience with hyper-converged platforms (SimpliVity / Nutanix)
- Expertise with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013/2016/2019, MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Active Directory, Windows clients, and Mobile Device Management applications
- Extensive experience with core software and database applications including MS Exchange, MS SQL, and Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Solid knowledge of Network Protocols, DNS, DHCP, Windows PowerShell Scripting is a must.
- Experience with trouble shooting & resolving complex technical problems, writes reports and creates documentation processes and procedures is required.
- Experience with open source platforms such as Linux and an advanced understanding of IT networking standards are considered strong assets in this role.
- Strong working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage internal/external applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia