The IT Security Analyst performs two core operational functions. The first is the day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions while the second is the identification, investigation and resolution of security breaches detected by those systems. Additional tasks would include involvement in the implementation of new security solutions, participation in the creation and/or maintenance of policies, standards and procedures as well as conducting vulnerability audits / assessments. The IT Security Analyst is expected to be fully aware of the Company's security goals as established by its stated policies, and actively work towards upholding those goals.
Key Duties and Requirements:
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security framework to improve overall enterprise security
- Perform the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing systems
- Monitor and maintain operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines
- Review logs, alerts, and reports of all in-place devices and assets. Interpret the implications of noted activity and devise plans for appropriate resolution.
- Conduct self-directed investigations into suspicious activity and work within the established security framework to initiate the incident response plan when needed
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits
- Provide third level on-call support for all in-place security solutions.
- Work within the enterprise security architecture for the creation and implementation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures)
- Work on and collaborate with IT team members on projects defined in the security project roadmap
- Monitor and evaluates risk performance metrics on key security issues and programs, recommend corrective action programs as appropriate and drives remediation items to completion
Education and Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation considered assets
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of security controls in the following: firewalls, VPNs, SSL Proxy, hosts, load balancing, content scanners, mail gateways
- Implementing and hardening systems (Windows, Linux)
- Working technical knowledge of endpoint security including mobile device management, threat detection & analysis including SIEM tools
- Designing and implementing and/or maintaining secure IP network solutions
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, Windows server/client OS, O365
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage internal/external applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.