The Project Manager will be accountable for managing the efficient execution of IT projects both internal and for external customers. The Project Manager will work closely with client teams and with ABM internal teams to ensure projects and tasks are delivered on time, on budget and to the highest quality.
- Coordinate internal resources and third-party contractors/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Management of resource availability and allocation.
- Translate statements of work (SOW) and other requirements documents into a detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain project documentation.
- Engage with Stakeholders to clarify specific requirements as required.
- Delegate project tasks based on resource skill, experience, and availability.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop summarized project plans and status reports to be shared with Stakeholders as well as other staff members.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and evaluation skills.
- Proven technical expertise with leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Articulate, personable, professional, and collaborative
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Education & Experience:
- University degree in business, management or a related discipline combined with a minimum five years related experience.
- PMP or CAPM Certification would be considered an asset.
- Experience in managing various types of Information Technology (IT) projects (e.g., enterprise, data, application, technology, security), while coordinating with/reporting to key stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking abilities, proactive solution development and exceptional team leadership skills to deliver results in a complex and consultative environment.
- Experience in facilitating/assisting with requirements gathering and translating business requirements into business outcomes.
- Experience in managing multiple projects (or sub-projects) concurrently.
- Experience in MS Project, PowerPoint, and other office products.
- Experience using interpersonal skills for negotiations and effective consensus building.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
We are supportive of workforce diversity and encourage internal/external
applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all candidates for their
interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.